Wednesday, October 8, 2008

General Conference

I got to go to general conference for the first time this past weekend. It was an amazing experience. I went with some of my bestest friends so that was exciting. We left Provo at 6:30am. Holy cow...and I am not a morning person. But believe me it was well worth it. Picture to the left is waiting in line, as you can see it is still dark outside. It rained all day too. Which turned out to be alright. I really enjoy the rain. We got into the first session. And we got amazing seats. The guy took us in and he just kept going down. It was very surprising and exciting. Everyone kept telling me that we were lucky and that usually doesn't happen. We sat pretty much front and center. I think it was like row 25 or something. They announced the temple in Kansas City, which I found to be very exciting.


In between sessions we ate at a taco stand on the sidewalk. The tacos turned out to be very delicious. And it was a fun little experience. We had a nice little system to get the toppings on the tacos. We stood under a canopy and at them in the rain. It turned out to be really fun.
We watched the afternoon session in the Joseph Smith Building. It wasn't very crowded and was a nice place to watch it. Before we left we took some pictures around temple square. We didn't take a lot because of the rain but we still got cute ones.

Okay I got a little picture happy...but a picture is worth a thousand words, right! :) I really enjoyed the whole conference weekend. My two favorite talks were Elder Wirthlin's and President Monson's during the sunday morning session. I liked what Elder Wirthlin said his mom would always tell him "come what may and love it". That is something that I am really going to try hard to remember in my life. I need to have a more positive attitude about everything. :)

No comments: